Dream Fund Application Toolkit
The Dream Fund Toolkit has been designed to assist potential Dream Fund applicants
September 6th, 2016
Charities and community groups have less than two weeks left to apply for People’s Postcode Lottery’s biggest ever Dream Fund. With a £2.5 Million funding pot up for grabs, People's Postcode Lottery have released top tips for those looking to apply for this dream-making award.
The Dream Fund Toolkit has been designed to help charities turn original and innovative ideas into life-changing projects. It contains tools charities can use to:
- identify a problem that needs to be fixed
- create truly collaborative partnerships
- better understand your audience and their needs
- develop and build ideas
The toolkit contains the following elements:
1. Introduction to Innovation – Develop new ideas that meet a genuine need and then deliver them
2. Project Focus – Help to identify an area of focus and highlight who will benefit
3. Working in Partnership – Identify the right partner and how to work together
4. Research – Help to understand everything about the problem and who will benefit
5. Ideation – Develop creative and innovative ideas that will solve the challenge
Postcode Dream Trust is encouraging charities and community groups to work together to finance their ultimate dream project. Funding from the scheme, now in its seventh year, will be offered over two years from 2017.
Applications should fit within one or more of the charitable purposes which include: early child development, helping refugees in our community, conserving our marine environment, reconnecting with the natural world, and engaging people with arts culture and heritage.
Applications for the Dream Fund close on 15th September with winners being announced in January 2017.
Visit the Postcode Dream Trust website to download the toolkit and find out more information.