Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS) is a national charity that owns and manages Edinburgh Zoo and the Highland Wildlife Park. RZSS is at the forefront of international thinking on how to protect endangered animals in a way that is engaging and inspiring for visitors.
RZSS aims to connect people with nature and to safeguard species from extinction.
The primary charitable objectives of RZSS are to:
- Support and promote the needs of species conservation in the wild
- Provide formal and informal education on nature and species conservation to the local, national and international community
- Ensure the highest standards of animal welfare through excellence in animal husbandry and enrichment of the animal's environment
- Maintain groups of species with high conservation and educational importance and participate in managed conservation programmes for threatened species
- Encourage and enable research to increase knowledge and understanding of animal science, for the benefit of both captive and wild animals.
You can help RZSS to reinvest in their parks, provide the best homes for their animals, pursue global conservation work and deliver a unique education programme. For more information, visit their website www.rzss.org.uk. To help support their work, sign up to play People's Postcode Lottery.