To date, Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust (YDMT) has helped to deliver inspiring projects worth more than £28 Million in the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding areas. These projects cover areas as diverse as countryside apprenticeships, supporting local communities, education and outreach, restoring woodlands and wildlife habitats, and improving access and understanding of this special place.
Player support has helped to:
- Restore more than 700 hectares of wildflower hay meadows, home to hundreds of species of wildlife.
- Bring more than 13,000 adults and young people from disadvantaged urban backgrounds to the Yorkshire Dales, often for the first time, to enjoy all kinds of activities and adventures in the beautiful countryside. These day visits often provide the confidence and inspiration for individuals to return to the Dales with friends and family.
- Provide training opportunities for young local people to learn countryside management skills.
- Conserve the unique heritage features that make the Yorkshire Dales landscape special – like rebuilding walls and restoring village halls.
- Plant over 1.4 Million native broadleaf trees to re-establish hundreds of beautiful woodlands. Over time these trees will go on to create vibrant wildlife habitats, enriching the landscape and bringing huge environmental benefits to the area.
- Provide financial support and expert advice to hundreds of life-changing community projects and initiatives.
- Encourage more than 40,000 people to appreciate and respect the wildflowers of the Dales through an annual festival of events for the whole family.
YMDT wouldn't be able to do any of these wonderful things without the support of our partners and the kindness of countless individuals, including People's Postcode Lottery players. Thank you.
Head Office Address
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust Old Post Office Main Street Clapham England LA2 8DP