Watching Our Walks
The Ramblers charity wants everyone, everywhere to enjoy walking in our favourite places
June 17th, 2019
Player-supported charity The Ramblers works to protect the places where we love to walk.
The charity works hard to protect these special areas, and achieves this in a number of ways, including:
- In 2018, training 700 volunteers, so they are skilled in maintaining and protecting the path network.
- Enhancing walking environments. In 2018, one of their path maintenance groups logged over 2,000 hours of volunteering.
- Running the Festival of Winter Walks. In 2018, 165,000 people got involved in the campaign.
- Leading the Don't Lose Your Way project. As part of this, hundreds of people have become inspired to take action in the search for lost rights of way, to expand areas of walking.
- Attracting new walkers to group-led walks. In 2018, the charity ran 78,000 Ramblers Walking for Health walks with 60,000 people.
Vanessa Griffiths, CEO at The Ramblers, said, "We are hugely grateful for the continued support of players of People's Postcode Lottery which will directly and indirectly enable us to continue our transformative journey and enable us to support more people to become happier and healthier because they ramble."
Help Amazing Charities
Not playing People's Postcode Lottery? If not, and you'd love to help amazing charities like The Ramblers, then why not find out How It Works and check out the superb Prizes our players can win. Sign up today and join the fun!Return to news archive